Saturday, December 31, 2011

It is Time

2012 is less then a day away.  And I have not accomplished my goals for 2011.

I am making a pledge to refocus for 2012. I will finish my manuscripts. I will create new picture books start to polished editing, and I will continue to follow my dream. I will also be a better mentor to my Usborne Books team, who did amazingly well with a floundering supervisor. (Get it Flood, water, flounder....)

The FLOOD of 2011 really did take more out of me then I care to admit. Moving 3 times, going through items lost forever to mold or damage, watching my parents drain their indoor swimming pool and having to move back in, and having to realize I can't control everything in my life did take a toll on me.

Maybe I needed the mental break. 2011 was the first year I did not hit personal goals for myself. It was the first time I said "no" to exciting projects and volunteer opportunities, it was the first time I didn't give 120%, and it was the first time I felt like I couldn't get back in the saddle.

2012 is a New Year.  I am going to face it with a total excitement of what is to come and what I can accomplish. 

Happy New Year to all! Instead of making resolutions, make goals for yourself! You can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Debbie. Good for you getting back on that err..horse!
    Have you joined in the 12x12 group on FB? Hope you have, an excellent goal set... 12 drafts in 12 months. Love to see you there, keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete