Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I can't think of a title...

First, I want to thank all my friends. You are all amazing and I love you.

Not having easy Internet is probably the worst part of this ordeal. :-D I’m so lucky to have my family all together, though I really miss sleeping with my dog, Sherlock.

Exhaustion finally kicked in and I fell asleep for hours yesterday. We needed new tires on my car, as I have Usborne Books Convention and they were do. Well, today, I managed to get a flat…. Yes, I have broken a record on shortest time with  new tires. Thank goodness they were guaranteed.

Life is moving on, yesterday Alex got braces. Today I went to What Women Want and organized my books.  I also went in for a hair cut. It got cut, very short. It’s cute, but will take a little getting used to. I trust Linda, who has done my hair since I was 2.

I’ve learned to appreciate what I had. Our goal is to scale back on all the stuff we have (except for books, I can’t get rid of books, they are the essence of life!) But we have so much other stuff that isn’t necessary.

Tip of the day, contacting someone during a tragedy:  While we were packing, my amazing friends called to check on me. I didn’t have time to talk. My best advice is if someone is in a tragedy, either drop an email or text to let them know you love them, or call and keep it to 30 seconds. If they can talk, they’ll let you know ( like if you caught me in the car between loads and I just sucked down a Coke), but I felt rude to my loved ones saying: “Unless you are coming to help and need directions, I can’t talk right now.” But I was in the middle of saving my house.  Same applies to during the mourning period. Call, but don’t expect a long conversation. It’s tiring to give the same story over and over.

1 comment:

  1. *Now Contacting*

    Don't really know what to say since I've never been in your position. I really hope things start looking up for you.

    ReplyDelete