Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Creating good habits

So part of my getting back into the writing game is creating good habits. That means:

Writing Everyday

It takes 30 days (so I'm told) to create a habit. That means I need to write everyday!

So let's define what is included in writing everyday:

  • Blogging is a good way for me to get my thoughts out, plus it starts the day warming up my mind. For me, blogging is like Coffee. It is a pick me up.
  • Working on my manuscripts. I have many in all different stages. My goal for 2012 is to polish them up, send them out, and really work on writing as a career. If I don't do this, I will never reach my goals.
  • Facebooking and Twitter: These are great ways to work on getting thoughts in in a few words. Challenge yourself to share a coherent story in as few words as possible. It's something I enjoy doing (OK, I'm a FB addict). Plus it's a great way to procrastinate.
What do you do to write everyday? The more creative the better!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment